LSU Survives Ole Miss Scare, South Carolina, Auburn & Georgia Get Wins Over FCS Foes
1, LSU freshman Jeremy Hill scores a tochdown with 15 seconds left to give the Tigers the winning margin. Les Miles: “Wow, what a spectacular game that was. Are you kidding me?
2. Scott Rabalais:” LSU-Ole Miss delivers over and over again, like no other rivalry the Tigers have.”
3. On game-winning drive, Ole Miss linebacker Denzel Mkemdiche called for a personal foul on a hit against LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger: I’d have to jump to get helmet to helmet with him,” Nkemdiche said. “I was absolutely shocked.”
4. Ole Miss athlete Randall Mackey: “We let it slip away.”
South Carolina 24- Wofford 7
5. Career-high 127 yards for running back Kenny Miles.
6. Steve Spurrier: I was relieved, because they beat us in 1917. Was that the last time?”
Auburn 51 – Alabama A&M 7
7. It’s on to the Iron Bowl for the Tigers: Gene Chizik: ”The challenge of next week will be huge.”
8. Kevin Scarbinsky; “The best thing Auburn has done this season is schedule Alabama A&M.”
Georgia 45 – Georgia Southern 14
9. Bulldogs survive first triple-option test. Running back Todd Gurley becomes the first Georgia true freshman since Herschel Walker to surpass 1,000 yards in a season.
10. Cornerback Sanders Commings tweet: “Thank you Baylor, thank you Stanford.”
Tags: alabama, freshman, gene, georgia, helmet, miles, tigers, yards